Bike Fit at Melbourne Podiatry Clinic
Are you getting constant injuries, uncomfortable on the bike or want to unlock your cycling potential?
Then we can help!
If you're getting persistent back, hip, knee or foot issues with cycling then your position on the bike may be a key factor. We offer a comprehensive analysis of your position on your bike including video analysis and then make the necessary changes to your setup.
We have podiatrists who are current or former cyclists who have been trained to accurately assess and measure your setup by looking at your overall position on the bike, bike set up (biomechanical video analysis), shoe and cleat type to best develop the appropriate changes to improve the comfort and performance of your ride.
At Melbourne Podiatry Clinic we also specialise in treating cycling-related biomechanical issues of the foot and lower limb with specialised cycling orthotics designed specifically for cycling shoes. Research shows these are not only effective at managing such conditions as hotfoot, neuritis, knee pain and hip pain but also can improve cycling performance and power.
What To Expect:
- Subjective history taking (your goals, medical history, lifestyle, whether you have had a previous bike fit etc)
- Body assessments/measurements
- Bike measurements (including cleat positioning/adjustments)
- Body on bike measurements/assessments (you on the bike)
- Video analysis
- Riding position & pedaling technique will be assessed
- This will either be aimed at optimal performance when cycling or to accommodate any pathologies
- A final video assessment will be completed at the conclusion of the appointment once your bike fit matches your goals, riding & fitness levels + final measurements of your bike set-up.
- you will receive a bike-fit report via email with all the changes made during the bike fit which you can transfer onto another bike (if similar)
What To Bring:
Your bike, cycling shoes, bib knicks, a shirt or jersey and a drink.
Tristan MacHutchison is an avid cyclist and experienced bike fitter.