- Master of Podiatric Practise at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Exercise & Sports Science at Deakin University
- Dry Needling certified
- Neuro Orthopaedic Institute Explain Pain
Tess consults Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday at Blackburn
Tess’ love for health, sport and people drew her to podiatry, following her own experience with injuries. Her own lived experience with injury and pain ensures Tess can understand her patient’s experience of pain and the challenges of returning to full function.
Tess has a strong interest in persistent pain science and its multi-dimensional impact on a person. She has consolidated her knowledge with regular CPD focusing on this emerging area and incorporates it into her care.
Tess prides herself on listening and carefully taking into account a patient’s beliefs, fears, lifestyle and preferences, when guiding you back to health.
Currently, Tess is a keen runner and has previously played a number of sports at varying levels including basketball, tennis, soccer, netball, hockey and footy. Therefore, she understands the movement patterns and injuries associated with these sports and enjoys working with athletes of all levels.
Tess’s key areas of interest in podiatry:
- Chronic/persistent unexplained foot and ankle pain
- Chronic ankle instability
- Exercise rehab programs
- Running injuries and rehab
- Kids feet
- General skin and nail care
- Plantar heel pain- plantar fasciitis and other common conditions related
- Shin pain/MTSS
When not in the clinic, Tess loves hitting the beach for a surf or bodyboard, travel and watching the footy supporting her beloved Demons.